Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Merry April Fool's Day E'erbody!

Apparently, it's like Christmas for nonbelievers.  Sadly, I don't make a very good fool.   Fool is not the word that comes to mind to describe someone who chews on upholstrey and spends two-thirds of his day screaming obscenities at alley cats for stealing his left eye.  Even in gaudy colors, and with a clown mask on...doesn't help.  Oh, how I long to be a fool.  Maybe then people will start running away from me when I do a little number I call "the machete dance".

Anyway, back to the coma.

Edit:  Oh, but for an interesting spin on April Fool's Day and its relationship to atheism, nothing beats this comment.
"On the other hand, the value of April 1st is that it may make people view what they see on the Web with the kind of scepticism and critical thought that they might not exercise the other 364 days of the year.

So don't think of it as Fool's Day, but Critical Thinking Day."

RAmen.  RAmen...

5 comments:

The Maze Monster said...

Remember... nothing is in Pastabowl!

Michael said...

Nothing is in pastabowl?
........
Oh wait, I get it, the flying spaghetti monster... You know, i could have just backspaced and deleted my thought, but I ended up not (obviously)

I am also not easily taken as a fool, well on April Fool's day that is, because my senses are sharpened to avoid being made a fool. The other 364 days out of the year, I cannot be so confident.

You know, come to think of it, nobody has attempted to fool me this year.

Stacy said...

"Critical thinking day! "

I like it!!

Asylum Seeker said...

"You know, come to think of it, nobody has attempted to fool me this year"

Same here. And I typically am not into practical jokes. The only pranks I can even conceive of could often endanger other people's lives, so I tend not to do them...

And, as far I can tell "critical thinking day" is every day, unless ur doin it wrong. But, nevertheless, if you can only muster it once a year, I suppose things could be worse.

Anonymous said...

Sick of getting low amounts of useless traffic to your website? Well i want to let you know about a new underground tactic that produces myself $900 every day on 100% AUTOPILOT. I could be here all day and going into detail but why dont you just check their website out? There is a great video that explains everything. So if your serious about producing easy cash this is the website for you. http://www.autotraffic-avalanche.org